Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We made is safely!

Patty and I arrived safely in Mendoza today around noon - local time (they are 2 hours ahead of EST). We made it here, but our luggage didn't. Last we heard our luggage is somewhere near Atlanta, and come make it here by tomorrow, or possibly not. But, we have the clothes on our back, and my notes for the Equip conference, so its all good.

We left out of RDU last evening around 6:00. We flew out of the new terminal 2 (not "C"), which is really nice. (There is a 42nd street seafood in the terminal -- good choice). When we changed planes in Atlanta we were running behind schedule, which is why our luggage decided just to stay there. Got really frustrated at Atlanta airport. I've been there literally dozens of times and know the airport, but when we got off the inter-terminal subway all the escalators were going the wrong direction, so we had to walk down to the next set of escalators. When we did that, we emerged just outside the security perimeter, and the TSA guy said, "you've got to go through security again". I should have walked backwards down the escalator. Argh. We just made it onto our plane in time.
The flight to Santiago was fairly smooth, but long (9 1/2 hrs). Patty and I went to sleep somewhere between the Panama canal and Ecuador. Everything else is going smooth. Cristian and Pastor Esteban picked us up at the airport. The conference starts tomorrow (Friday) night, and then all day Saturday. I'm just hoping I don't have to teach in the clothes I've worn for 3 days.....

Will post more, with pictures soon. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Ray and Patty,
I am excited you guys made it there safely...even if you only have one pair of clothes! We have you guys on our prayer list, and we are praying for you guys daily, and let Patty know, that I am thinking of some pretty "tough" questions? Love you guys, Chris

Anonymous said...

I can hear your voice saying these things and I can see your face. I'm sorry. But don't worry bout a thing mon, just take the island spirit wit you while you sing One Love and drive on the left side of the road.. actually don't drive at all, you know what I'm saying.

I think you should go shopping with Cristian.. go get you an Italian scarf and be stylish like Argentinians. :) In all seriousness, if the luggage doesn't show up, then don't get mad - just enjoy your trip.

I actually have to go sit with Grandma at her house right now because I think she feels a little under the weather, but I'll leave you with this:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4gQpG2-MUI


That's for you my reggae-lovin' dad.

Rach

Unknown said...

Hey this is the other "Chris" in your life, your sister, and I'm thrilled that y'all are getting to serve God in such an awesome way and I'll pray that this will be the most excellent adventure for both of you. We sure love y'all and we pray for you two, and the Argentinians involved, I agree with Rach,...shop on, Mon, ...really, so sorry to hear about the luggage thing. Matthew called last night, he's good and we're all looking forward to celebrating Christmas with y'all and hearing about this trip. xoxooo...Chris

Ray Honeycutt said...

Rachel, I love the music video! Now I can learn the rest of the words of the song.