Just a quick update for our blog today. Its a beautiful day in Mendoza. The weather is sunny with a high around 88. If you get out in the direct sun, its a little hot, but the city has huge shade trees everywhere, so its nice and comfortable through out much of the city. On my last trip here, it was late fall and everything was brown and cold. But now they are about to go from Spring to Summer, and everything is green. Still such a crazy contrast to home....
The people are very friendly. Everywhere we've gone people have been very gracious, and accommodate my poor Spanish well. They appreciate us attempting to speak directly with them, even though I sound like someone who failed second grade grammar.
Unfortunately still no luggage. Have called airport several times, but no answer. Sigh, maybe manana. Since we had to have some clothes to get through the conference, Patty and I bought a few things last night and this morning. Aargh, who can understand metric sizes??? I can't convert inches to centimeters in my head. Why didn't I pay more attention during 5th grade math?
Also unfortunately, we won't be having any pictures to post for this trip. Our camera was stolen this morning by a pick pocket as we walked down the street. I'm just glad I had cleared the memory card at home, and saved all the pictures we had made before the trip. Oh well.
So now I'm getting ready for tonight's conference. I start teaching around 8:30. Interestingly enough, my first lesson is on "Enduring Tests". Maybe there is a connection with what we are enduring this trip. I try to remember "All things work together for good" even when all things are not good in themselves.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment